Senior Manager, Supply Chain Development
DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia. The Group helps other companies and brands to grow in the Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Performance Materials and Technology sectors. DKSH’s portfolio of services includes sourcing, market insights, marketing and sales, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, the Group operates in 35 markets with 33,000 specialists, generating net sales of CHF 11.3 billion in 2018. With its strong Swiss heritage and long business tradition since 1865, DKSH is deeply rooted in Asia Pacific.
Drive Growth. Be the Difference. Join DKSH.
DKSH’s strength lies in our great diversity of services, industries, clients, products, regions and employees from various nationalities. We are proud of our people: they are the reason we are successful. Our people are the best in the industry. They are passionate about their career growth and about business success. They work as part of an energetic and committed team, positively impacting millions of lives through the products and services we provide. Join us today if you are ready to “Drive growth. Be the Difference.” With DKSH, you will experience a world of learning and development, own your career and take business responsibility and have a positive impact that touches people’s lives.
General responsibilitiesLEAN operations
- Develops and oversees the implementation of Lean processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization and business for continuous improvement in execution of operating plans and result.
- Logistics/Process Improvement, provides strategic direction, operational support, and objectives in the area of logistics (process improvement, transport management, warehouse Manage the Lean teams in identifying and evaluating “proof of concept” continuous improvement initiatives.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the SC Lean program and develops operational plans. Develops budget for Lean programs and is responsible for delivering against business goals/objectives. Establishes “reduction of spend” targets for variable labor across DCs through productivity improvements.
- Utilizes knowledge of logistics operation to support analysis and develop recommendations based on business needs to ensure system uptime in order to accomplish stated goals. Responsible to developing Lean team’s knowledge and skills
- Regularly reviews facilities provision, making recommendations for improvements and contributes to policy making
- Leads the planning and implementation of major facilities upgrade projects of SC
- Contributes to disaster recovery planning for SC facilities as well as company’s BCP
- Leads the strategic projects related to business development
- Develops the policies, standards, core, processes, and evaluation principles for project management for CS
- Identifies and/or provides development advice/training for project management staff
- Manages an operational team project leaders/managers
- Leads medium to long-term planning and prioritization processes and contributes to decisions on commissioning projects/programs
- May coordinate project activities of government regulatory or other agencies
- Manages project budget
- Ensures SAP training plan for end users is set & implemented
- Develops successor for SAP trainer
- Together with Supply Chain Director, Transport manager to Develop and plan the overall strategic capillary delivery networks.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future network
- Plans for enhancing DC capacity for both short & long term is built, followed up & implemented
- Manages budget per unit cost effectively
Functional skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- English proficiency in both writing and speaking
- Experienced in project management
- Profound knowledge of and experience in supply chain and WH/ logistics/ distribution management
- Good project management and leadership skills
- Capability to manage across BUs (SCM)
- Understanding of FMCG & HEC SCM needs
- Process improvement experience and understanding
- Ability to effectively make decisions with limited time and information –can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform independent problem resolution
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
Interacts with global resources well and is a team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organization.
Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Work on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor degree
- At least 3 years’ experience at the same role in Distribution Center/Warehouse.
- Well experienced in using Warehouse Management system