Assistant, Inventory Controller
DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia. The Group helps other companies and brands to grow in the Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Performance Materials and Technology sectors. DKSH’s portfolio of services includes sourcing, market insights, marketing and sales, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, the Group operates in 35 markets with 33,000 specialists, generating net sales of CHF 11.3 billion in 2018. With its strong Swiss heritage and long business tradition since 1865, DKSH is deeply rooted in Asia Pacific.
Drive Growth. Be the Difference. Join DKSH.
DKSH’s strength lies in our great diversity of services, industries, clients, products, regions and employees from various nationalities. We are proud of our people: they are the reason we are successful. Our people are the best in the industry. They are passionate about their career growth and about business success. They work as part of an energetic and committed team, positively impacting millions of lives through the products and services we provide. Join us today if you are ready to “Drive growth. Be the Difference.” With DKSH, you will experience a world of learning and development, own your career and take business responsibility and have a positive impact that touches people’s lives.
- Support superior in managing day-to-day operating expenditures against operating budgets to ensure efficient usage of resources
- Support the implementation of accounts payable processes and internal controls to ensure governance over the Accounts Payable function
- Record all accounts payable and payment transactions to ensure timely and accurate monthly and yearly accounts payable closing. Prepare creditors aging and reconcile payments against invoices/bank records/aging
- Gather and compile information needed for the preparation of the monthly accounts payable and payment status reports
- Maintain database containing vendors' details (payment terms, bank account details, etc.) for payment processing reference. Update payment terms and other agreements with external vendors
- Support continuous improvement initiatives that streamline existing accounts payable processes and improve efficiencies through a better utilization of automated systems
- Respond to basic queries and information requests from internal stakeholders on creditors' outstanding balances, payment status, payment terms, etc.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of the business and industry
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge in managing accounts payable and application of local/international accounting standards, principles and practices
- Proven hands-on experience in SAP accounting applications is an advantage
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and basic analytical skills
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate fluency in local language and ideally in English, both written and spoken
- Diploma or basic certification in Accounting/Finance or a related discipline (preferred)
- Works comfortably with concepts and complexity
- Is hands-on and acts with common sense
- Takes informed, well-founded and timely decisions based on sound analysis
- Strives to satisfy our customers’ and clients’ needs to the highest level by providing creative solutions and driving their business
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with empathy, authenticity and esteem
- Wins others over by negotiating skillfully to achieve optimal results
- Takes people seriously and acts with passion
- Embraces, anticipates and drives change and makes the most out of it
- Is optimistic and translates challenges into opportunities
- Is able to cope with and recover quickly from problems and setbacks
- Is dependable and acts in a straightforward way
- Takes charge and acts in a results-oriented way