Specialist, Food Safety - Food and Beverage Industry, India
At DKSH, our purpose is to enrich people’s lives by providing access to goods, services and insights. United by our vision to be the trusted partner, we help companies grow in Asia and beyond across our Business Units Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Performance Materials and Technology.
Delivering life-saving drugs to hospitals, bringing high-quality products to remote villages, installing technology that raises living standards and providing new formulations for healthcare products that make life easier. These are just a few examples of how DKSH touches people’s lives around the clock. We do this while helping our clients and customers grow by providing services including sourcing, market insights, marketing and sales, eCommerce, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services.
Listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, DKSH operates in 36 markets with 32,450 specialists, generating net sales of CHF 10.7 billion in 2020. Founded by Swiss entrepreneurs in 1865, we have been deeply rooted in Asia Pacific for over 150 years.
Delivering growth – in Asia and beyond.
Drive Growth. Be the Difference. Join DKSH.
DKSH’s strength lies in our great diversity of services, industries, clients, products, regions and employees from various nationalities. We are proud of our people: they are the reason we are successful. Our people are the best in the industry. They are passionate about their career growth and about business success. They work as part of an energetic and committed team, positively impacting millions of lives through the products and services we provide. Join us today if you are ready to “Drive growth. Be the Difference.” With DKSH, you will experience a world of learning and development, own your career and take business responsibility and have a positive impact that touches people’s lives.
| Someone who overviews and manages all food quality standards and food/feed regulations and supports the entire food business in India (hereafter referred as “food”). |
- Monitor and verify all food activities to ensure that all products meet food safety and quality standards including the compliance review for material creation and risk assessment (“traffic light check”) for food.
- Ensure that food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times.
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies, procedures and written instructions related to any food safety and quality concern.
- Update existing food safety and quality procedures and documentation to keep up with changing regulatory requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with local government regulations, policies and guidelines.
Leadership and collaborations
- Ensure that TARIC codes for new and existing substances are properly selected in coordination with Customs Compliance Manager
- Assist business partners to ensure food safety, quality standards and compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develop and provide trainings for food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Manage relationship with authorities and industry associations.
Audits and questionnaires
- Work closely with all stakeholders on any food safety or quality assurance issues
- Conduct or coordinate food safety audits, manage and support third party audits.
Claim and crisis management.
- Manage food safety questionnaires.
- Manage quality claims and non-conformities in cooperation with respective sales managers.
- Take the lead for product recalls, crisis management and professional crisis communications.
- Warrant stringent crisis management implementation.
- Participate with the FBI sales manager and logistic people regarding the approval of batches arriving in India to meet compliance with agreed specifications and regulations.
- Manage counter-samples for material arriving, in order to test and validate any potential claims from customers.
- Get informed about all the samples and new products requested by sales manager.
- Manage relationship with external laboratories.
- Supervise approval and preparation of dossier for the authorities with external consultant company.
- Support actively management, sales and sourcing teams, suppliers and customers
- Attend all FBI workshops in India to update BL FBI on regulatory changes and news.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Scientific background with high expertise in food safety
- Good working experience, knowledge, comprehension and applications of food quality standards and food safety regulations
- Ability to work with changing priorities
- A detail-oriented individual who can work independently and exercise sound judgment in the application of regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Good networking, inter-cultural thinking and understanding.
- Good communication skills
- Computer skill