Manager, Group Digital Workplace
At DKSH, our purpose is to enrich people’s lives by providing access to goods, services and insights. United by our vision to be the trusted partner, we help companies grow in Asia and beyond across our Business Units Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Performance Materials and Technology.
Delivering life-saving drugs to hospitals, bringing high-quality products to remote villages, installing technology that raises living standards and providing new formulations for healthcare products that make life easier. These are just a few examples of how DKSH touches people’s lives around the clock. We do this while helping our clients and customers grow by providing services including sourcing, market insights, marketing and sales, eCommerce, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services.
Listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, DKSH operates in 36 markets with 32,450 specialists, generating net sales of CHF 10.7 billion in 2020. Founded by Swiss entrepreneurs in 1865, we have been deeply rooted in Asia Pacific for over 150 years.
Delivering growth – in Asia and beyond.
Drive Growth. Be the Difference. Join DKSH.
DKSH’s strength lies in our great diversity of services, industries, clients, products, regions and employees from various nationalities. We are proud of our people: they are the reason we are successful. Our people are the best in the industry. They are passionate about their career growth and about business success. They work as part of an energetic and committed team, positively impacting millions of lives through the products and services we provide. Join us today if you are ready to “Drive growth. Be the Difference.” With DKSH, you will experience a world of learning and development, own your career and take business responsibility and have a positive impact that touches people’s lives.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and architectural planning activities of the Digital Workplace team;
- Provide technical leadership and motivate the teams involved;
- Manage, coordinate and develop all Digital Workplace services including the tracking of SLAs for the service desk and mobile device management;
- Manage and develop desktop and digital workplace architecture on multiple devices;
- Develop end-point protection, cloud-based desktop virtualization, end-user voice and other Digital Workplace technologies alongside the security teams;
- Assist in managing the overall asset life-cycle process;
- Lead in the policy development and standards to ensure high quality and cost-efficient delivery of the services.
- Experienced in doing architecture planning in multi-site environments across diverse user groups;
- Strong working knowledge in managing, developing and implementing IT Service Management processes, methodologies and tool for Digital Workplace
- Familiar with MS Active Directory, Windows OS and MAC OS;
- Familiar with video/web conferencing tools, desktop virtualization, end-point protection, image management, software distribution and mobile device management
- Proven competencies in handling confidential/sensitive information in an appropriate and secure manner
- Demonstrate fluency in local language and ideally in English, both written and spoken
- Be abreast of the latest technologies and technological opportunities
- Proven basic numeracy and excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)